Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Why the name "Silver Bells of Thirty-One" for the Blog?

Hey y'all...

Many of you know I went to Penn State for elementary education (computers was something I picked up along the way). In one of my classes -- Children Literature --one of my all-time favorite books was introduced to me. Before it became popular, I fell in love with the book The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg.

If you have not read The Polar Express or seen the movie; it is about a boy who is not sure whether or not to believe in Santa Claus. Christmas Eve night the boy is whisked away with other children to the North Pole on a train called 'The Polar Express'. All the other little boys and girls with him can hear the sweet sound of the reindeer's silver sleigh bells EXCEPT him. Then he sees Santa and he begins to truly believe in both Santa and the magic of Christmas. Once he truly believes -- he begins to hear the sweet sound of the silver sleigh bells.

How does this relate to Thirty-One Gifts? I became a Dream Builder in April of 2007 but I did not start to grow my business until November of 2007. In November of 2007, I missed my daughter's Thanksgiving pageant because I needed to do my school's Thanksgiving pageant. I was heartbroken and felt like I needed to do something that would allow me to see the things my daughter was doing and I was missing because I was teaching.

I then began to open the gift of Thirty-One which I received in April and really began to believe in the opportunity. Since November I have quadrupled my team and Thirty-One has given me the freedom and the possibility to stay at home with my little girl -- and for the first time in a years -- I can be the homeroom mom!

It is because I chose to truly believe in the potential of Thirty-One that I am calling the page -- The Silver Bells of Thirty-One!

1 comment:

The High Family said...

YEAAAA! I love the name and your new blog! It was great seeing you on Saturday. I hope we can get together soon again!

I will add your blog to mine so all my loved ones can check it out and maybe together we can drum up even more business!

Congrats on all your success so far and maybe some day I will jump on board that "silver bells of Thiry One train" :)

love ya~ Bobbi-Jo