Saturday, April 12, 2008

Per A Request...

Hello! I sent the following e-mail to Amy after she sent me an e-mail saying she "has never been good at recruiting.."

Be forewarned it is not short...
"First, know you are not "recruiting people" you are building their dreams to be a reality....
You are helping someone take a phenomenal opportunity and letting them do what they need with the money.

I find those who are "horrible" at recruiting are looking at how can it help themself NOT how can it help the person they are bringing into the company. For instance, I have been given a "gift" and that gift is to be able to be a "homeroom mom" instead of the "homeroom teacher" for a year. Jen's gift is to help the family with finances and to get her out of the house. What is your gift? What gift can Jen and I give you? Once you find out what your Dream Builder's gift (sometimes called the "why") you work with getting them to that gift...

The first thing I EVER do when I talk with someone is -- what is your why? Why do you want to do this? And then I think -- okay how can I help HER (notice not me) achieve that dream. Jen bought a new mini-cooper. I am not sure what her car payment is, but I do know her first check was around $250.00 and she said it would cover the car payment. Jen now saw the success with the company the first month AND she was able to make a car payment -- she said "it would be nice if this would cover it every month..." Here is a why for her. Okay, "I said...your goal then should be $1000.00/month and you already know how to do that so...."

Also -- I try to sign everyone up with a launching party date. Sometimes due to schedule issues it may be later than I hope, but I have really tried to find a date that works for both of us and then count backwards three weeks. Like what you did....I am now telling all my possible dream builders... Okay -- let's look at a "grand opening" date. Count three weeks back and that is the date we will sign you up. That gives you plenty of time to get a party together and start booking parties BEFORE you are even signed up. You can borrow my product until you get yours...There is a level of trust that needs to be established, but that is part of the business...They will have their Start Swell completed and love all the "goodies" this company offers -- it is easy after that...

When I started out -- I contacted people who I knew were in Network Marketing before. I contacted people through vendor shows. I contacted people that had worked with me in Arbonne. I contacted people whose card I had stuffed into a "network pile" and I put a bug into their ear... Hey -- I started a new business. It's a new company!

Honestly, out of the six people who I think can truly be a Director next year this time -- 5 of them have been in direct sales before. Why? Two reasons for this: one -- they understand the business and it will take a bit of pressure off of me to explain how it works and (2) they understand the potential!

Who do you know from your prior experiences that are tired of their company? Who are tired of fighting and competing with others reps in the area? Those are the people you talk to... and you touch them three times...Show them this gift of Thirty-One. Show them that the potential to make money is more than any money they could be making when they are fighting for space with other reps. Show them and they will come and they will listen. There is a saying -- people need three touches before joining... Touch, touch and then touch..."

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad you posted this. I re-read it and was energized again. It really is a gift to share with others...and I'm glad you share it with me!!
~Amy